- 1 box white cake mix
- natural for coloring extract
- one big handful of slightly salted roasted almonds
- Cream Cheese (8 oz)
- 1 cup Butter
- 5 cups Powdered Sugar (Confectioners Sugar)
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla
1. Prepare the cake according to the direction on the box. Separate batter into 5 bowls as I’m making 5 different colors.
2. Add desired food coloring to each bowl.
3. Bake cakes in a small round pan according to the box instruction. Bake each color separately.
4. For the frosting, mix together softened (room temperature) butter and softened (room temperature) cream cheese until well combined. Add vanilla. Combine. Slowly add in powder sugar.
5. Try to level each layer of cake with a large bread knife. For the rainbow cake especially, if all the layers are level, then they will evenly display when you cut into it.
6. Cover cake with frosting and some to spill over the edges. Than cover side with slightly salted roasted almonds.
7. Put the cake into the fridge for at least 2 hours before cutting the cake.
8. Bon appétit!